Man oh man, this movie looks like an utter shit show. I was never convinced that Terminator Genisys would be anything but dumb, but this latest trailer takes the stupidity to whole new heights – heights where the title of the movie no longer seems like the dumbest thing about it. Shall we make a list of the dumb things? Let’s.
1. The casting of Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. This is actually the least dumb thing about the movie – I just don’t like Jai Courtney.
2. Old Arnold Terminator vs. Young Arnold Terminator. That CGI is still hasn’t crossed the uncanny valley.
3. John Connor is the ultimate Terminator. WHAT? Come on, now, this has to be the dumbest twist imaginable.
4. This movie is completely negating everything that came before it, which means that suddenly the only two Terminator movies that are worth a damn are no longer part of the continuity.
5. Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons is apparently so unimportant that he doesn’t appear in a trailer that’s nearly 3 minutes long.
Yikes. I’ve even read that this is going to be the beginning of a whole new series of Terminator movies. Something tells me the series won’t get very far.
Terminator Genisys comes out July 1, 2015.